If your family is on our caseload, VCDA offers you these additional programs and services:
- toy library: you can borrow educational toys and other resources
- parent education groups: you can learn parenting skills and connect with other parents
- connection opportunities: you can get help to connect with other families
- referrals: you can be referred to other community professionals, and we'll work with them to help your child
- information: you can find out about local child-care programs, in-home child care, and recreation programs
- help with transitions: you can receive help when your child moves into child care and into school
- individual case management: you'll receive help to develop strategies that are tailored to your family's dynamics, strengths and needs
- support before we start: you'll receive support while your child is on our waiting list
As of October 1, 2015, Early Intervention services in Nova Scotia reorganized into one coordinated program with one provincial Board of Directors. This change will help improve consistency of services, improve access and reduce wait times for families. The core services will remain the same. The new coordinated program will now be called Nova Scotia Early Childhood Development Intervention Services (NSECDIS) and Early Interventionists will now be called Developmental Interventionists. The Annapolis Valley region can be contacted by calling 902-678-6111. For further information visit www.nsecdis.ca.
As of April 1, 2016, the Parenting Journey program will be part of Kings County Family Resource Centre not the Valley Child Development Association. Contact information 902-678-5760 or www.kcfrc.ca
As of March 1, 2019, Valley Child Development Association will no longer be offering the Kings Early Years for Screening for School (KEYSS) program.
In mid April of 2019, Valley Child Development Association, moved from 11 Calkin Drive to 28 Aberdeen Street, Unit 5, in Kentville. Our mailing address has stayed the same.
Many thanks to all who participated in our Mini-Putt Tournament which was held on July 15th. Special thank-you to Joel, at Home on the Range Golf Centre for hosting this fundraiser for Valley Child Development. It was a very successful event!