If your family is on our caseload, VCDA offers you these additional programs and services:
- toy library: you can borrow educational toys and other resources
- parent education groups: you can learn parenting skills and connect with other parents
- connection opportunities: you can get help to connect with other families
- referrals: you can be referred to other community professionals, and we'll work with them to help your child
- information: you can find out about local child-care programs, in-home child care, and recreation programs
- help with transitions: you can receive help when your child moves into child care and into school
- individual case management: you'll receive help to develop strategies that are tailored to your family's dynamics, strengths and needs
- support before we start: you'll receive support while your child is on our waiting list
As of March 1, 2019, Valley Child Development Association will no longer be offering the Kings Early Years for Screening for School (KEYSS) program.
In mid April of 2019, Valley Child Development Association, moved from 11 Calkin Drive to 28 Aberdeen Street, Unit 5, in Kentville. Our mailing address has stayed the same.
We have expanded the age at which we can provide support to children. As of October 11, 2019, we will be supporting families who have children two years of age to school entry.
Please click here for a message to our VCDA Families and Community Partners.