Valley Child Development provides specialized identification and intervention services for children from two years of age to school entry.
While honoring of Dr. Barbara Archibald, VCDA entends to leave a positive impact on children, families and the greater community by:
* Participating in a logical continuum of supported services for the development of the child and family
* Providing innovative, specialized programming for preschool children with emotionally and behavioural challenges to reach their best possible outcomes.
* Building collaborative relationships with community partners and other professionals.
* The earlier the intervention, the better the outcome.
* An attachment-based developmental approach is key in fostering strong relationships in the family and supporting the social-emotional development of young children.
* Every parent has the intention to support their child in achieving full potential.
* In the strength of the parent-child relationship and the value of this strength in assisting the family to reach their full potential.
* Children learn best in their natural environment through daily routines.